OEA has very clear aims:
* To be the professional body to the energy industry
* To unite those people working in the energy industry under one umbrella, and to represent their interests in the energy efficiency business in the UK in accordance with EU and government directives
* To maintain high professional standards and value within the industry by educating and promoting certification awareness in accordance with Government legislation
* To instil confidence in the general public that any assessor engaged is a competent expert
* To promote Green issues and raise public awareness
* To act as a source of information and advice to members and the public
Membership is open to all providers of energy certification including Commercial and Domestic Energy Assessors, Air Conditioning Assessors, HIP providers and companies providing services and products to the energy efficiency industries. Our website serves as an information centre for the general public to locate a qualified energy assessor and for guidance on energy performance and energy efficient products from manufacturers and suppliers.
Our members are bound by a strict code of conduct to ensure they meet the highest level of integrity and service.
OEA is active in lobbying the Government to ensure that new energy policies introduced by the Government can be implemented in a practical way within the industry, and that clearer guidance and information is provided by the Government to people working in the industry.